1. The Cowboy must never shoot first, hit a smaller man, or take unfair advantage.
2. He must never go back on his word, or a trust confided in him.
3. He must always tell the truth.
4. He must be gentle with children, the elderly, and animals.
5. He must not advocate or possess racially or religiously intolerant ideas.
6. He must help people in distress.
7. He must be a good worker.
8. He must keep himself clean in thought, speech, action, and personal habits. Continue reading “”
IT’S A DARK TIME IN U.S. HISTORY
I’m taking time off from the blog as I recover from the shock and sadness of yesterday’s historic national disgrace. Continue reading “”
CARS YEAH – AGAIN
Thanks to Mark Greene for inviting me to a second podcast on his site Cars Yeah.
My first appearance was show #52, this one is #1703!
Saturday Night Live with John Belushi as the “Samurai Optometrist” aired in November, 1978. I remember that night very well because a dozen of us optometry students were watching it live in a small apartment in Chicago while attending the Illinois College of Optometry. I don’t think anyone who was there has forgotten it.
For the artist, photographer, writer, or anyone else doing a job that looks like a lot of fun… Competition and rejection are part and parcel of what you will experience, especially early on. Believing in yourself is critical at this juncture. Continue reading “”
IT WAS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME – FLYING CARS
“The 1960s animated cartoon series – The Jetsons – is best remembered for its depiction of a future that just never seemed to get any closer (apart from video phones). And nothing about this future is more lamented than the prolonged absence of George Jetson’s flying electric car. The bad news: There are still no flying electric cars. The good news: Florida is building a place to park them.” Continue reading “”